We've decided to interview a comedian who has started focusing immensely creating his talent as a performer from the beginning. The dedicated Comedian Paul P has been seen frequenting anywhere to go up on stage and polish himself as a comic. We are also proud to say Paul P will be one of the feature acts coming to the Comedy Benefit for Haiti this coming Saturday, October 15th.
Commonly performing at the Improv in Fort Lauderdale and in Comedy Clubs in New York. Paul is always searching for stage time to make himself stand out. We look forward to his success by getting this interview with Paul P early!
Getting to know Paul P before the Comedy Benefit for Haiti
1. As a newly developing comedian in the scene, it seems you have hit the ground running and started making a name for yourself from the get go...what drew you to become a comedian?
When I was kid I use to sneak into my sisters room and watch BET's ComicView. I watched a lot of tapes in high school of Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinison, and many great comedians and I loved seeing how the made a room laugh, because I love to laugh. My family is extremely funny as well and they've influenced me.
2. You've also traveled to New York many times and performed in prestigious comedy clubs like Carolines, how would you describe you experience performing in comedy clubs outside your neighborhood?
Humbling, I'm thankful to have the opportunity to perform in a state were legends are made. Comedy in New York is big, so I always get nervous before I go up. And I don't loose that nervousness until I get my first laugh, then I focus on the material.
3. What method do you have in writing material and performing it to large and small crowds?
I typically write a joke when I have time to focus on it and have nothing interrupting me. I try to go to as many open mics as possible in different areas to make sure the material is relatable to broad audience.
4. How has comedy changed your outlook in life so far?
It has made me focus on racial issues more but in a funny way. Like how a person could have getting arrested on their bucket list while many black people are afraid of seeing the police.
5. What are your plans for a career pursuing comedy; and what can we expect from you in the Comedy Benefit for Haiti this coming Saturday?
I'm in my 14 month of comedy thankfully. On Saturday you can expect me to bring good energy and positive vibes. Since I am Haitian I am proud to be part of this event to help my people in any way possible. Manny thank you for having me.
Thank you Paul!
You can see more of Paul P in his website >> www.injokeswetrust.com
JOIN PAUL P IN THE COMEDY BENEFIT FOR HAITI THIS SATURDAY, OCT. 15TH.
Paul P along with a power packed line up of comics come together to create the comedy benefit for Haiti. Any donation to the show will count towards your admission. AND 100% of all the proceeds will go towards mandodo.org, an honest charity that will make a difference to the people in Haiti after Hurricane Matthew.