This week we bring a special event to the comedy fans of Miami. We present a rare performance by prestigious comedian Jim Florentine.
To keep the momentum going about this one night only event, we had the opportunity to get a quick 5 question interview so you can get to know Jim before his big appearance to the Magic City!
If you haven't done so, be sure to get your tickets!
Interview with Jim Florentine
1. Jim you've worked in various platforms of entertainment and stand up comedy seems to be your favorite. What draws you to get on stage and talk about some of the things you touch on?
The freedom to be my own boss is what makes doing stand up so enjoyable. To say what I want and not be worried about losing my career over a joke that might offended someone is a great feeling. Also, to talk about my life and figure out how to relate it to the audience is another big factor.
2. Have you been to Miami before? What do you think about the Magic City?
I lived in South Florida at various points in my life. I'm a huge Dolphin fan too so I love a trip to Miami when I can. I used to perform at the Improv in Coconut Grove every year before it closed. I love the crowds in Miami. Plus I'm single so Miami is always fun.
3. Who is your favorite comedian? Who inspired you to get into comedy?
I don't have a favorite but Rodney Dangerfield, Carlin, Pryor, Dice and Kinison were big influences on me early in my career. Bill Burr, Brody Stevens, Jim Norton and Kate Quigley are my favorite current comics.
4. Being a stand up comic from the streets of NY and a Metal enthusiast, do you believe these are trying times to speak your mind in the nation as a whole?
They are trying times only if you have something to lose like a TV show or movie roles. I am currently not on TV so I don't give a fuck! Ha. It's actually a good feeling that the social justice warriors out there can't take anything from me.
5. What can the folks of Miami expect on a Wednesday Night at 8PM in Brickell?
Come to the show because I tell a bunch of jokes. No hacky Donald Trump jokes will be told!